OC Art Meme!!!
Send a number and I’ll draw my OC:
- In what they normally wear
- In what I’m currently wearing
- In a school uniform
- In swimwear
- In underwear
- With no clothes on
- In winter clothes
- In fancy clothes
- Making 3 different expressions
- Standing on their hands
- With their favorite animal
- Hanging out with a friend
- Sitting on the couch
- Doing something they don’t normally do
- Playing a sport
- Beaten up
- As a kid/adult
- Wearing a funny hat
yeah!!!! and if you have a specific oc in mind (if anyone even knows any), naming them is totally ok too. otherwise, random selection. haha
ILL DRAW TO THESE IF I GET THEM~
☛ GET INSIDE YOUR CHARACTER'S HEAD! aka The Excessively Detailed Headcanon Meme
- Ask a question, any question!
- 1: What does their bedroom look like?
- 2: Do they have any daily rituals?
- 3: Do they exercise, and if so, what do they do? How often?
- 4: What would they do if they needed to make dinner but the kitchen was busy?
- 5: Cleanliness habits (personal, workspace, etc.)
- 6: Eating habits and sample daily menu
- 7: Favorite way to waste time and feelings surrounding wasting time
- 8: Favorite indulgence and feelings surrounding indulging
- 9: Makeup?
- 10: Neuroses? Do they recognize them as such?
- 11: Intellectual pursuits?
- 12: Favorite book genre?
- 13: Sexual Orientation? And, regardless of own orientation, thoughts on sexual orientation in general?
- 14: Physical abnormalities? (Both visible and not, including injuries/disabilities, long-term illnesses, food-intolerances, etc.)
- 15: Biggest and smallest short term goal?
- 16: Biggest and smallest long term goal?
- 17: Preferred mode of dress and rituals surrounding dress
- 18: Favorite beverage?
- 19: What do they think about before falling asleep at night?
- 20: Childhood illnesses? Any interesting stories behind them?
- 21: Turn-ons? Turn-offs?
- 22: Given a blank piece of paper, a pencil, and nothing to do, what would happen?
- 23: How organized are they? How does this organization/disorganization manifest in their everyday life?
- 24: Is there one subject of study that they excel at? Or do they even care about intellectual pursuits at all?
- 25: How do they see themselves 5 years from today?
- 26: Do they have any plans for the future? Any contingency plans if things don’t workout?
- 27: What is their biggest regret?
- 28: Who do they see as their best friend? Their worst enemy?
- 29: Reaction to sudden extrapersonal disaster (eg The house is on fire! What do they do?)
- 30: Reaction to sudden intrapersonal disaster (eg close family member suddenly dies)
- 31: Most prized possession?
- 32: Thoughts on material possessions in general?
- 33: Concept of home and family?
- 34: Thoughts on privacy? (Are they a private person, or are they prone to ‘TMI’?)
- 35: What activities do they enjoy, but consider to be a waste of time?
- 36: What makes them feel guilty?
- 37: Are they more analytical or more emotional in their decision-making?
- 38: What recharges them when they’re feeling drained?
- 39: Would you say that they have a superiority-complex? Inferiority-complex? Neither?
- 40: How misanthropic are they?
- 41: Hobbies?
- 42: How far did they get in formal education? What are their views on formal education vs self-education?
- 43: Religion?
- 44: Superstitions or views on the occult?
- 45: Do they express their thoughts through words or deeds?
- 46: If they were to fall in love, who (or what) is their ideal?
- 47: How do they express love?
- 48: If this person were to get into a fist fight, what is their fighting style like?
- 49: Is this person afraid of dying? Why or why not?
Recently, I’ve seen a lot of posts encouraging people to write a specific type of female character: a very feminine woman who kicks butt, has a sarcastic remark for every occasion, and truly cares about social issues. If you want to write a character like her, that’s great! We need all kinds of women, and that type of character is one of them.
Unfortunately, I have also seen posts criticizing perfectly well-developed female characters for not fitting the above description, by being too masculine, not being aggressive enough to kick butt, etc. That’s terrible! As much as we need women in literature who are feminine, combative, and sarcastic, we also need women who are masculine, passive, or have a different sense of humor. Please don’t limit your female characters to a certain type just because it’s the type that Tumblr loves the most at the moment!
PLEASE READ THIS
Guys, writer friends, ANYONE, I **URGENTLY** need your help.
I just found this: http://www.letsgowrimos.com/
and… I don’t know. Do you think it’s legitimate? Have you heard anything about it? I’m trying to find rules—did the whole thing have to be written in NaNo, or only parts, and… I’m kind of freaking out.
Because this could be a really great opportunity. Or it could be a nightmare. I could be finding future—or selling my soul. This isn’t the kind of thing to be rushed into, but I only *JUST* found out about it, and…
I know that none of you guys are EXPERTS here, but you’re also the only ones I have to reach out to on such short notice.
I don’t know. I don’t KNOW you guys. What do you think I should do? Should I go for it? Does it sound sketchy? I’m trying to find rules, but I can’t—not really. It sounds like you can upload ANYTHING for possible publication. I just… I don’t know.
If anyone has any advice, or thoughts, I’d love to hear it. This is… a big deal. And unfortunately, time is ticking down.
For additional information, I have **NO INTEREST** in attempting to self-publish, only in that possible 10-Authors-Are-Picked deal.
As well, here’s more information:
The book I would attempt to submit would be the first novel in the series that is, in a way, my soul. I could handle if it was rejected, but if it was stolen, or abused, or my Golden Opportunity turns out to only be a plated trapdoor… I don’t know. It would be the end of me.